Dear Residents, Family, and Friends,
Riverview Estates has been following the progression of the Covid-19 outbreak and continue to take this situation seriously. We thank you for allowing us to care for your loved one. We appreciate your support and patience during this unprecedented time in our world with Covid-19.
We sincerely thank you for the beautiful posters with inspirational quotes and family pictures. This provides our staff with an additional tool to engage your loved one and to reinforce the love that you have for them.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our deepest commitment and as such, we are proactively evolving our policies and procedures accordingly during this global health crisis. Additionally, below are some of the ways we continue to come together as a team to care for our residents and each other.
- Extensive ongoing training and monitoring of hand-washing and infection control procedures
- Adherence to social distancing guidelines and other CDC recommendations
- Vigilant screening of everyone who enters our facilities and continued symptom surveillance
- Open communication with residents, family members and staff
- Virtual visitations, Face-time calls, DUO calls, and other creative activities for resident and staff engagement. We are broadcasting our religious services, promoting wellness with exercise classes, doorway bingo, and entertainment streamed as possible.
This week we received new guidelines for our residents. Our skillful and compassionate Director of Nursing has made cloth masks for our residents to wear when they are out of their rooms. If you are skillful at sewing and wish to make masks please feel free to drop them off. Please make them colorful, decorative, and unique to help residents be compliant with wearing them. Once again, we are happy to inform you that none of our residents have tested positive for Covid-19.
Attached are two recently released handouts that have been provided to your loved one along with a face cover. We thank you for your continued confidence and for keeping us in your prayers.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 856-829-2274.